Monday, May 4, 2009

Winter Bird


Song bird sing me to sleep
Lull my heart in peace
Cease these tears with your melody
While you're perched on the window ceil

How did you get your song, my friend?
Learning to fly,
Breaking a wing,
Soaring through a storm?

Did to world not feed you,
Did you flock move away,
Left alone to face the world,
Never see the light of day?

Winter has come
And yet you sing
The chill breeze blows
And you do not leave your perch

You are not caged
Free to move about
Never to suffer a broken heart
Or feel that of worry and doubt

White blankets out this window
Opened to match this heart
Cold yet happy you are
Warming this freezing room

Winter bird you sing a lullaby
A song of peace and woe
Matching the weather you continue
With no gain for show

As the cill brings the sun
White leads in natures color
What then will you perform for me?
Or will my window grow lonely again.

Company for now
Companions through the cold
Acquaintances we'll always be
And memories down the road

Song bird sing me to sleep
Tonight I have peace;
I will not weep
Song bird sing me to sleep

No comments: