Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lack of a Windshield Whipper


Back in the first week of school, when the rain always decided to grace Stillwater, my whipper motor ceased to do its duty of removing the rain from my windshield. Because of this, I have been driving around town with little to no vision of what it looks like outside. I have made it safely through but with out a clear view that comes from the assistance of the under appreciated whipper, driving has been a bit scary and, at times, kept me from driving to a needed destination.


This is to be said about life before this week as well. Actually, like up until Monday night. While walking though each day, the confusion has been so distracting, it was most like the windshield I have had to see though the past few weeks. And for the simple fact that my faith hasn't been as present in my mind because of all the stress, my whipper, or my Father, had a hard time helping me keep my path clear of temptation. It was frustrating to know that God was so close, yet I was far from him. Key word: was. Life has started to settle back down and the daze of the new semester is no more.


Last night, Wednesday night, after praise service and dinner at Braums, I took my skateboard and proceeded to practice in the parking lot with what my friend Nick had showed my earlier that day. After about an hour, I decided to try my luck on campus, noting that it was already about 10:30pm. So I boarded down to Library lawn and messed around there until it started to sprinkle. At this time, I made my way to the nearest computer lab to set out for a bit and rest. Which wasn't for long... I still needed sleep.
After numbing my brain with facebook and then more facebook, I decided I might meet up with my panda bear and rest my head. Out the door I stepped. Wishing I hadn't. It was pouring a flood in front of my previously dry sidewalk. So, with out a jacket nor, phone, or umbrella, I hoped back on the board and headed home only to stop half way under some cover to talk and listen to God. Least to say, I made it back home in time to get 8 hours of sleep.
Lessons learned:
-Only skate when there is decent weather about and its before 10pm.
-Ask and you shall receive and you will notice it if you remember what you asked for.
-Thunder makes a good companion to prayer.
-And momma always has the warmest arms and the best advice.
Heres to a blessed life and glory to Him,
Aeriel <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm encouraged to hear that you are beginning to do better. New adventures always present new challenges, and new stresses. As you work through them, you grow. Eventually you look back on what seemed to be a major crisis at one time and wonder why you ever worried about it. That's when you know that God has always been there to run interference for you so that you can feel his blessings.

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

Is it not just Awesomeness to sit in the rain and listen to what God has placed around us (even if its not a planned event). I need to do that more often.